"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dreaming of free standing tubs

I'm in the process of sourcing and pricing all the materials needed for my bathroom reno.  The original plan was to keep the tub and work around it by adding some wood detail to the apron and new tile for the top as well as replacing the water jet covers, the water jet panel and the faucet.  My goal was to keep the cost down by making my twenty year old tub look as pretty as possible.  Once I added up the cost to make all these changes it got me thinking about free standing tubs and possibly finding a good deal.  I don't know if I'm interested in putting lipstick on a pig if there isn't any significant cost savings.  Keep in mind that the labour and plumbing fixtures for free standing tubs can really add up so do your research.  I'm on the hunt and hoping to find a good deal so wish me luck!


The Greenwich Hotel via Decor Pad





14 comments:

  1. I know it's not so glamorous, but I found a great free-standing oval tub for my mom's bathroom at RONA. The wall mounted bath faucet was a lot cheaper there as well! And the bathroom is now finished and looks AMazing!! Good luck! Freestanding tubs make me relax just looking at them :) I had a glorious soak in the new one last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely gorgeous inspiration photos. Something so romantic about a freestanding tub, isn't there?

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ......... putting lipstick on a pig ........ you make me laugh!!!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are wonderful ideas for your bathroom, Andrea. In addition to improving your tub, I would also suggest to install glass doors or new sinks to complement your bathrooms new look. I am also an enthusiast when it comes to beautifying our home. I just love to find ways and look for new techniques to improve the look of our place.

    Bonita Bramer

    ReplyDelete
  7. A free standing tub is a great pick! I like the combined sculptural quality and artistic theme it brings to the bathroom area. I browsed some free standing tubs on Houzz, and I'm pretty sure you'll like them too. Well, thanks for the idea. I'll use your last picture as an inspiration for my bathroom redo.

    Ryann@YanceyCompany.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting this bathroom decors. Itz really great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s really great to have a standing tub in your bathroom, especially when you have a spacious area. You can really emphasize its beauty and have it as the center of attention. You definitely have great inspirations there! The second to the last photo was my pick. It looks simple, but it's oozing with elegance!

    Arthur Bryant @ Contractor Express

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurrah, that’s what I was trying to get for, just what a stuff Presented at this blog!! Thanks admin of the site. Living Room

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, House should be decorate like this. We know living room is the main part of our house and it should be fantastic. Get modern furniture today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some honest ideas here. I done a research on the issue and discovered most peoples will agree with your blog.
    stofzuiger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buy Vyvanse Online
    Vyvanse is one of the worlds leading drugs now
    Purchase Vyvanse Online. Lisdexamfetamine is utilized to treat consideration deficiency hyperactivity issue (ADHD) as a feature of a complete treatment plan, including mental, social, and different medications. It might expand the capacity to focus, remain centered, and quit squirming. Lisdexamfetamine may likewise be utilized to treat voraciously consuming food issue (BED). It might lessen the quantity of voraciously consuming food days.
    Vyvanse Doses / Buy Vyvanse Online
    The dose of Lisdexamfetamine depends on your ailment and reaction to treatment. Your PCP may alter your portion to discover the portion that is best for you.
    Click here to read more
    Adhere to your primary care physician’s directions cautiously. On the off chance that you are taking the chewable tablet, bite the tablet altogether and after that swallow.
    For Vyvanse , If you are taking the container type of this drug, gulp down the case.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laptop Bag Thanks for sharing this article. For more save huge money while Online Shopping offers. u can visit our site
    Very good article, I enjoyed reading your post, very good part, I want to tweet this to my followers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete