"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pinterest inspiration

I came across this image on Pinterest and fell in love with this tile floor.  Yes, I said TILE!  It's a tile that looks like wood.  It comes in beautiful shades of either grey, brown or a white washed look.  I have added it to my short list as an option for my ensuite bath.  It will cost less in labour to install than stone and also be extremely durable and very low maintenance.  I also love that I could lay it in a herringbone pattern as it comes in either a 6x36 or 9x36 tile.  Everyone needs a little herringbone in their life, don't you think??



5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! Where can I find that floor? We have been trying to find a suitable floor for our kitchen. We have 80 year old fir floors that are stained, scratched, you name it and we just can't afford to do hardwood or tile ...... the tile I would want would cost an arm and a leg!!!!! I think herringbone is such a classic look and the color is to die for!! This kitchen actually has the same features as mine does except that I don't have marble on my counter tops. I was talked out of doing it and went for black granite. BOOOOOO. I will never let someone talk me out of marble again. Perhaps one day we can change it. Those chairs are pretty slick too. The back door is nice ....... oh and the lights. Thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful! i love a simple clean space.
    do you know Indonesia Furniture? please visit my website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice.. its look really beautiful .. chairs are also Good and door as well..
    here are more Kitchen Design

    ReplyDelete